Everyone knows that summers in Houston can be brutally hot. The one sure shot way to tackle the heat is heading to the nearest hot water parks that Houstonians have access too. Here are a list of my top 5 water parks that you should check out.
- Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark boasts 26 acres of exciting water rides. The park is divided into three sections connected by a mile-long river; one section offers a wave pool and the tallest water coaster in the world, another is home to raft rides and a children’s play area, and the third features a selection of high-speed waterslides.
- Typhoon Texas this recently opened waterpark has everything a person could want. From the super chilled splash and adventure areas for little ones to the scariest, twistiest heart-in-the-mouth rides teens enjoy.
- Palm- Beach Moody Gardens-Galveston open daily from June 4th Palm Beach has a white sandy beach, a 650-foot lazy river ride, and a wave pool that graduates from zero entry to a depth of 5 feet – allowing for all ages to have fun in the water at the most comfortable depth.
- Wet and Wild Splash Town this park has had a makeover and has an expanded kids area with 8 rides, a splash area, spray fountain and gushing spray tower.
- BlueRidge Park this open park with its splash area allows for kids to enjoy some water time then run around on the lawns, fly a kite, ride a bike or perhaps play some soccer and then get right back into the water area. Don’t expect major rides – it is a splash area with brightly colored play surfaces and inventively designed water fixtures.
So grab the towels and screen screen and head out with the family for some cool down at one of these waterparks.